If you are interested in our research because you’re having mood symptoms currently, please see the list of resources below.
Symptoms of Perinatal Depression and Anxiety
- Feeling sad
- Crying a lot
- Anxiety, worry or activation
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble sleeping, not eating, poor self-care
- Feeling emotionally numb
- Lack of energy or too much energy
- Not interested in things you used to enjoy
- Not interested in your baby
- Fear of hurting yourself or your baby
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Withdrawing from people
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Delusions (thoughts that are not based in reality)
- Hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren’t there)
- Disorganized thinking
Find a Therapist
To schedule an appointment with one of our therapists at the UNC hospital OB/GYN Menopause clinic, call 984-974-3932. To schedule an appointment with one of our therapists at the UNC Perimenopause clinic, call 919-445-0770.
Please be sure to specify whether you prefer to be seen in Chapel Hill (Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic at NC Neurosciences Hospital) or Raleigh (UNC Specialty Women’s Clinic at Rex Hospital). For more information, click here.